Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Space is a friend of the Rhododendron bush

The ability of the rhododendron bush to trail off into any and every direction is amazing.  That is why I prefer the rhododendron to be planted in a part of the yard that can accommodate unlimited growth.  Here is a rhododendron bush in my back yard that is is full bloom:





I am quite certain this bush has never been trimmed.  The pictures do not do justice to the scope of the branches.


One common mistake that landscapers and homeowners make is to plant trees and bushes too close together.  It is important to anticipate the eventual growth area of the planting and allow enough space for the planting to reach its potential.


My next door neighbor has a massive purple rhododendron on the side of his house. It is a real beauty and grows quite nicely in the shade.


This white beauty grows in an area of my back yard that is full of trees and leafy mulch.  It was nice to work in the yard this weekend and enjoy the beauty of nature.

I hope you had a relaxing weekend.  If you would like to buy or sell a home call me today.  I will treat your transaction as if it were my own.

Thank you

Carla Brooks
brkslong@aol.com
703-577-4960


No comments:

Post a Comment