Friday, October 21, 2011

Washington Vase

Washington Vase by Podmore and Walker


 I have to say that I have always been intrigued with life and objects from the middle 1800's.  In fact, my china is a perfect example.  It is called Washington Vase and it was produced by Podmore and Walker in the middle 1800's.  It was called the "poor man's china" and sold for peanuts at the time it was made.  It is a type of "flow" china.  Many of you have heard of "flow blue".  Well, this is "flow mulberry".

 I bought this china many years ago from a friend.  I wanted the  "flow blue" yet it was highly sought after and  too expensive.  Over the years I have added to my collection by purchasing pieces from various antique dealers, shows and so forth.


Washington Vase by Podmore and Walker


One thing I love to do (and haven't done in years), is to set a whole table with these pieces.  It makes for quite a dinner presentation.  I am now finding myself concerned that pieces will get broken and/or chipped so I haven't used these dishes in years.

If you'd like to make the most of your real estate experience call me today.  I am here to earn your business and I will treat your transaction as if it were my own.

Best,

Carla Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment